Bungaree Station is a historic property located in the Clare Valley that offers a range of unique venues for events, including conferences, weddings, residential training courses, club events, reunions, trade shows and other private and corporate functions. Whether it is a small corporate retreat, a large wedding reception or an industry event, this picturesque property is likely to have a venue to suit as well as accommodation, catering and beverage packages.
We are currently seeking an experienced Conference and Events Organiser to join our team on a full time basis to enable growth in this area of our business. This position will be responsible for attracting and coordinating efficient delivery of events at Bungaree Station. This position reports to the Tourism Manager and works closely with reception, catering, maintenance and housekeeping staff.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- attracting events through sales and marketing activities, including attending trade events and conducting targeted campaigns
- networking and collaborating with key partners to develop new events and support existing regional events
- responding to function and event enquiries, including preparing quotations for venue and equipment hire, catering and related services within appropriate time frames
- meeting with clients to discuss their needs, conduct site visits and outline suitable package options
- organising facilities and details such venue setup, catering, promotional material, audiovisual equipment, accommodation, transport and guest activities
- ensuring compliance with liquor licensing and food safety regulations as well as other insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- specifying staff requirements and coordinating their activities to maximise efficiency and customer satisfaction
- working with key suppliers to ensure cost-effective delivery of products and services
- conducting pre- and post – event evaluations and providing input to management reports
- researching target markets and utilising networks to identify potential event, marketing and product development opportunities
Essential skills, qualities and experience requirements:
- Diploma qualification (i.e. Business or similar) or minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Goal orientated, with drive and self motivation, as well as ability to work across teams to deliver outcomes
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Experience in hospitality, event management, sales and/or marketing
- Ability to build productive relationships with clients, suppliers and partners
- Ability to organise multiple events independently
- Experience in using property/event management software and POS systems
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, when required for conferences and events
If you possess the required skills, qualities and experience and can demonstrate a successful work history in similar roles, please email a letter of application and current resume to Vicky Stewart, Tourism Manager at email@example.com .
Applications close on Sunday 28 January.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview.